Integrative Oncology Overview
What is Integrative Oncology?
Integrative oncology offers a seamless, patient-centered approach to cancer care that includes evidence-informed "conventional" treatments (chemotherapy, surgery, radiation therapy, etc.), "complementary" therapies (massage, acupuncture, meditation, energy therapies, botanical supplements, etc.) and "lifestyle counseling" (nutrition, exercise, stress management, smoking cessation, etc.) that improves the health and wellbeing of individuals living with and beyond a diagnosis of cancer. For more information about Integrative Oncology, please see the Society for Integrative Oncology website.
- Meet Marnie Lamm, MD
- Why is integrative oncology important? How do people use CAM with cancer? How can CAM help with symptom management?
- How important is nutrition during cancer treatment?
- How important is exercise during cancer treatment?
- How important is stress deduction during cancer treatment?
- What is cancer survivorship?
- How does integrative oncology inform cancer survivorship?
- Why have integrative therapies become more mainstream in oncology care?
- How does one choose an integrative therapy?