Community Cancer Connections, created in 2009 by the Sunstone Legacy Grant, is a community partnership of providers and survivors in southern Arizona housed and supported by The University of Arizona, College of Nursing. We provide resources and services focused on improving the health and wellbeing of cancer survivors and their families. Our knowledge resources help survivors and their families make choices about care options and identify a variety of interventions and therapeutics that can improve overall wellbeing. Our searchable agency and provider directories identify credible agencies, services, and healthcare professionals that can assist across the entire journey from diagnosis through post-treatment to long-term survivorship. Our event calendars connect this vast cancer care community and provide ways to strengthen each other through relationship.
To facilitate long-term wellbeing in those affected by cancer by linking to information, providers, resources and services
- Choice based on individual values and preferences (options)
- Evidence-informed decision-making
- Individual and Community Resilience
- Whole person approaches to care
- Diversity and inclusion
- Relationships based on partnership and collaboration
Community Cancer Connections will be the premiere resource for informed decision making in comprehensive cancer care and survivorship wellbeing.
- Improve health literacy and understanding about cancer care and survivorship wellbeing
- Provide evidence-based information about integrative therapies to the public
- Develop a collegial network of conventional and integrative therapy providers.
- Innovate cancer resources where there are gaps in services.
- Create novel approaches to long-term health planning and cancer survivorship.
- Facilitate informed short and long-term decision-making process.
- Develop robust information that can be used by healthcare providers